All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
sgclassesonline

Administrator
Reply with quote  #1 
Welcome to the new forum. This is an opportunity to interact with your peers regarding this discussion topic. Please add your thoughts and comments or reply to other posts.
MaryZeller

Reply with quote  #2 
I appreciate how it was noted that a child pics up on the tone I set and runs with it. It is so true how a bad day continues to get worse. I was thinking about this the other day . In my daycare with 9 children ranging from 1 year to 5 years old. Just one child came in with a negative attitude. Within an hour, 3 had a negative attitude, and in another hour babies were crying, toddlers were throwing tantrums andreschoolers were fighting about everything. My attitude was panicky as I was feeling increasingly like a failure. I stepped out of the room to regroup. Came back in and told my husband, " I may not be able to change their attitude, but I can change mine." So I started some upbeat music and started dancing and singing and before long all the kids were joining in and cooperating and attitudes quickly improved. Not 100%, but it was better.

Reply with quote  #3 
sometimes you can change the situation and it can change everything
ldaviston

Reply with quote  #4 
It is very important to stay professional at all times, and follow the licensing guidelines at all times. 
Fozybear

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by preetinder
sometimes you can change the situation and it can change everything
Fozybear

Reply with quote  #6 
I agree with this comment. When one child comes to daycare in a bad mood reasons unknown, it can quickly spread through your children. Getting to the core of why the child is unhappy will make everyone's mood improve.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.