All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
Tabitha.Andrews24

Reply with quote  #1 
  1. What did you discover about the WACs while completing the activity?  There are a a lot of rules and regulations that goes into running a child care center.
  2. Were you surprised by any of the WACs? the only one that surprised is that you have to be 21 years old to even apply to open a center. I thought the minimum age is 18.
  3.  Can you see how the WACs will influence your day-to-day practice in caring for children?  Why or why not?  Yes, because the WAC's not only keep me safe ,but as well as the children in my care to make sure they are protect and I am doing everything in my legal power to protect them and ensuring they are receiving the best care available.
jenrom

Reply with quote  #2 
As I went through the WAC Hunt I discovered that the WAC Guidebooks gives me a significant amount of information to answer my own questions. It teaches me the rules and policies for any and all situations that may present themselves at the child care center. It is very helpful to a person that has little to no knowledge in this field or it can be used as a guide for people who have been working years as a child care staff. I was surprised about the amount of information that is presented to us in the WAC but it is comforting to know that any question or concern that we may have can be answered in these two guidebooks. I can see how the WAC Guidebook will be used in my day to day practice caring for children because it already helped me answer most of my questions and if a situation presents itself in the future I can always pull up one of the guidebooks to aid me in what I should do. 
msflores03

Reply with quote  #3 
WAC is our resource for child care center's to provide quality care in accordance with rules and regulations. The way WAC has rules and regulations set in place didn't surprise me because they are direct and make sense with how we should handle every day situations. Yes, WAC will be our guide in day to day practice to make the correct decisions for our staff, and children.
sheenafrenzel

Reply with quote  #4 
  1. What did you discover about the WACs while completing the activity?  There is a lot of detail that goes into the WACs regulation and a lot to keep track of.
  2. Were you surprised by any of the WACs? Not really surprised by anything specific, but surprised that the regulations were so detailed.
  3. Can you see how the WACs will influence your day-to-day practice in caring for children?  Why or why not?  They would definitely influence day to day practice.  There is a lot to keep track of and it is important to follow all the regulations.

sundimetcalf

Reply with quote  #5 

While completing this activity, I discovered there are many additional things a person can learn about caring for children.  The WACs are very detailed and have many more guidelines to follow than I had first thought.  In following the WACs daily, I will better ensure the safety and well being of the children within my care.

vlemus88

Reply with quote  #6 

After completing the WAC hunt I discovered that there is so much useful information that helps with improving the care of children in child care. I was surprised to learn that you can have animals in a child care center as long as there are rules and procedures set in place that need to be followed. It also mentioned how animals can help teach children about kindness, respect, caring, and responsibility. The WAC’s will influence my day to day practices in caring for children because they provide me with critical information on how to keep the children in my classroom safe by following the rules and regulations. 

BaconAm

Reply with quote  #7 
When I was completing the WAC hunt activity I was able to read about the various information that there is out there on childcare. I feel that if there is a question about how to start a child care program the information on how to is very strait forward and easy to find. Once of the things that I found surprising about the WAC is that applying to create your own childcare program is pretty simple and strait forward, of course there is still the big pile of paperwork and wait time to get the childcare program up and running, but I thought it would be more difficult to start up a program. I can see how the WACs can help influence my working ability in childcare. The reason I can see that the WACs can be helpful to me is that they are easy to understand and they talk about every situation that you may be faced when you are working in childcare. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.