All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
Megan2020

Reply with quote  #1 
I have to start by saying this is 1,000 times easier if you go to the correct WAC, rather than the guild book given https://www.publichealthlawcenter.org/sites/default/files/WA_Chapter%20170-295%20Minimum%20Licensing%20Requirements%20for%20Child%20Day%20Care%20Centers_H_FINAL.pdf

If you haven't gone to this link you should.

1. Incorrect - should be 1 month (not 6 weeks)

2. Correct

3. Incorrect - RCW 43.215.255 (not 43.20B.110)

4. Incorrect - 10 ours max (not 8)

5. Incorrect - in care for 6 hours (not 7) and 29 months of age (not 35)

6. Incorrect - Second option is dispose of it by flushing down the toilet (never give one child's medicine to another)

7.  Correct

8. Incorrect - The director, program supervisor & lead teachers must register with STARS and complete one of the following trainings with the first 6 months of employment or being granted initial license: 20 hours in STARS, COA or AA

I found this exercise to be a lot easier and more straight forward than the last but again go straight to WAC 170-295 it makes things so much easier. 
barbra

Reply with quote  #2 
1. Incorrect

At what age can I accept infants into care? 4 weeks

2. correct

When should I begin toilet training a child?

3. Incorrect

What gives the authority to the department to license child care and charge licensing fees? RCW 43.215.255

4. Incorrect

How long can a child be at the center? 10hrs

5. Incorrect

Must we provide rest periods? 6hrs or more, 29months

6. incorrect

How do I handle left over medication? Give it back to the parent; or dispose of it properly

7. Correct

What are the food service standards I am required to meet?

8. Incorrect

What initial and ongoing state training and registry system (STARS) training is required for child care center staff? Directors/supervisors/lead teachers need additional training

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.