All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Olyvia.hayter

Reply with quote  #16 
Discussions 3: Stimulate your thinking.

3.1. What is on-going professional development?

on going professional development is continuous learning about your field. It includes staying interested in all topics relevant to your job.

3.2. What are your plans for continuing to grow as a professional? How will you document that growth?

I plan to to get a degree in early childhood development and become Montessori certified.
LeahKerr

Reply with quote  #17 
3.1 An on-going professional developement is when you are learning more in your field and learning more about how to be professional in that field. 

3.2 My current plans for becoming more professional is becoming a better listener and I can document that by writing down new things that I learned from my coworkers and if I was listening or not. 
devfreim

Reply with quote  #18 
3.1) ongoing PD is seeking out opportunities to deepen your educational knowledge by attending conferences, lectures, and seminars related to your field.

3.2) By attending conferences, lectures, and seminars related to my field. STARS is a great resource for recording some PD opportunities, but having your own independant record is helpful as well.
rjfranklin23

Reply with quote  #19 

3.1 On going professional development is opportunities for teachers to improve in their teaching methods as well as collaborate as a team to share ideas.

3.2 My plans for continuing to grow as a professional are learning from other teachers at my center who have been working there longer than I have. I will also keep current on my STARS training in order to grow as a professional as well as take part in the professional development days that my centers offers its teachers. I will document this growth by setting goals with my center supervisor/administrator along with receiving certification of completion of my STARS hours on the merit Department of Early Learning site. 

melverston

Reply with quote  #20 
Discussions 3: Stimulate your thinking.
3.1. What is on-going professional development?
Continued training and experience.
3.2. What are your plans for continuing to grow as a professional? How will you document that growth?
I will continue to build knowledge through experience, training, research, and connections.
shannonsandberg4

Reply with quote  #21 
On-going professional development is constantly evolving your career. 

My plans are to be more patient with myself and have fun!
kelseyrae93

Reply with quote  #22 
Ongoing professional development is expected to evolve and improve in your career. I will continue to evolve and grow by seeking wisdom and advice from my coach and early childhood mentors, training, and more experience.
SelenaGreen86

Reply with quote  #23 
On going professional development is ways for a teacher to continue seeking opportunities to improve and collaborate with other staff members or other teachers 

My plans to grow as a teacher myself are to use any resources available to me to research better ways to help children develop and work on my personal skills as a teacher.  I plan to document that by providing certificates or proof to the education that I obtain.
annasophia

Reply with quote  #24 
3.1 Ongoing professional development refers to a teacher constantly furthering their development in varying aspects of professionalism.

3.2 My plan to continue growing involves going to school to receive a degree in an area that involves working with children. This is also a good way of documenting my growth through classwork and grades.
lindsaychilders

Reply with quote  #25 

3.1. What is on-going professional development?
a
n educator must regularly be current on issues in child development and strategy. 

3.2. What are your plans for continuing to grow as a professional? How will you document that growth?

I plan to grow my ability to train teachers in weak areas and have uncomfortable but important conversations with them.
I will be assessed by my boss, as well as be assessed by my staff.
blooms

Reply with quote  #26 
3.1 Must be current and up to date on certifications and learning

3.2 My plan would be to further my education to better myself and my students
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.