All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Olyvia.hayter

Reply with quote  #16 

You must be able to communicate effectively, dress in a professional way, and have a strong knowledge of child development.  

To be an effective and inspiring teacher you must have deep understanding of children development and be supportive and trust worthy.
LeahKerr

Reply with quote  #17 
2.1 It is important to be knowledgable about child developement and to be kind, patient and understanding when working with children in a care facility. 

2.2  I would need to be fun, honest, respectful, kind, knowledgable, interactive, and gentle. 
devfreim

Reply with quote  #18 
2.1) pateince, compassion, a sense of what children need in order to develop and grow.

2.2) Patience, passionate about the subjects in which I teach, firm in my decisions and the reasoning behind them, empathy for chidlren going through difficult experiences.

rjfranklin23

Reply with quote  #19 
2.1 In order to be an early learning professional you have to know young children's developmental milestones for specific ages. Also in order to be an early learning professional you have to know how to deal with children's behavioral issues. Too, you have to have the knowledge to know how to conduct classroom activities that promote maximum learning and stimulation for young children. In order to be an early learning professional the professional qualities required are to look acceptable in terms of personal appearance and be poised and articulate when speaking to children and parents in a respectful manner. 

2.2 In order to be an effective and inspirational teacher you have to demonstrate a love of learning along with consistently having a positive and upbeat attitude. You also need to create respectful, communicative and trustful relationships with the children and families that you work with in your program. You also need to be creative in your teaching methods in order to keep young children excited and eager to learn and come to school each day. I also need to have support from my co-teachers and supervisors ensure that I am being as an effective and inspirational teacher as I can possibly be in addition to receiving constructive feedback in terms of ways I can improve my teaching methods and continue to grow in my role as an Early Childhood Teacher. 

melverston

Reply with quote  #20 
Discussions 2: Stimulate your thinking.
2.1. What knowledge, skills and professional qualities are required to be an early learning professional?
You need to have basic knowledge of children, you should have the ability to stay calm in chaotic situations and know how to calm down others in these types of situations, and you should have respect for peoples differences.

2.2. What do you need to do to be an effective and inspirational teacher?
You need to be excited by differences and challenges that arise and encourage kids to show their true selves and be proud of who they are.
shannonsandberg4

Reply with quote  #21 
It is important to be kind, flexible, energetic, and have a love of kids and learning. 

To be most effective, it is important to not let things get you down if they do not work the first time. Kids are forgiving, so we must be forgiving to ourselves and others as well. 
SelenaGreen86

Reply with quote  #22 
You need to have knowledge of the care of children, i.e. first aid, basic understanding of childrens behavior/emotions, you should also know how to run a classroom as well as have a passion for working with children.

A passion for helping children grow and learn, to be positive and kind, as well as open mindedness and flexibility.
Seattle206

Reply with quote  #23 
2.1 you need to have training and fknowledge of children, you should be able to have a level head and be able to be flexible and deal with stressful situations.

2.2 a passion for children and helping them be the best that they can be is very important
annasophia

Reply with quote  #24 
2.1 To be be an early learning professional you are required to have certain training's completed to ensure you could respond to a variety of medical emergencies. You also have to take safe sleep training and complete STARs hours. A teacher should also be able to function well in stressful situations, have patience, and good at communicating and collaborating.

2.2 To be an effective and inspirational teacher you need to be passionate about working with children and helping them develop.
lindsaychilders

Reply with quote  #25 
  • Possess a strong knowledge of child development.
  • Communicate effectively in multiple forms with diverse populations.
  • Possess foundational knowledge for developmentally appropriate content to be taught and practices carried out.
  • Engage in habits of critical thinking and problem solving.

2.2 Demonstrate a love of learning and differences. Demonstrate patience and humility.
AmberCColter

Reply with quote  #26 
2.1 Be well educated in early learning, energetic, and love working with children.

2.2 To have a lot of passion and really enjoy what you do. To have a good relationship with your students, families and staff.
blooms

Reply with quote  #27 
2.1 & 2.2 I think that it is important to know yourself first, knowing and accepting what makes you different. It is equally as important to go into teaching wth an open mind, knowing that many students will be ethnically and culturally different than me. Leaning into those differences is the first step to making the child feel loved and respected. This is key to relationships with the family as well. Regardless of background, every family just wants to know that their child(ren) are loved and well cared for.

2.3 In order to create a welcoming center for all, I think one important key is to have diversity among staff. Our center does this well and welcomes all as brothers and sisters in Christ.

2.4 My thinking is greatly influenced by my Christianity. When you look at others as brothers and sisters in Christ, the whole game changes. You cannot stay in conflict with someone that you are praying for. A lot of times, when people disagree, I have found that one or the other person can get defensive. I think it is important to first find common ground and to be sure to say everything in love, remaining respectful. If we remain open minded, views can very easily change. However, I have never seen someone else's views changed through yelling or disrespect.
blooms

Reply with quote  #28 

2.1. What knowledge, skills and professional qualities are required to be an early learning professional?
Someone that is knowledgeable in child growth and development and always learning and truly have a love for children

2.2. What do you need to do to be an effective and inspirational teacher?

Solid training, creativity and a love for children and their families.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.