All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
tkphiki

Reply with quote  #16 
1.1 - to me being a professional is making sure i have the knowledge and understanding in my field as a daycare assistant, it means being professional with others and to be able to keep my professionalism even under stressful situations.

1.2 - the NAEYC code of ethics helps remind us of the standards set to be a professional.
Olyvia.hayter

Reply with quote  #17 
Discussion 1

Read the NAEYC Code of Ethics. Stimulate your thinking.

1.1. What does being a professional mean to you?

Advocating for children and showing respect.

1.2. How might the NAEYC Code of Ethics help you as a professional

The NAEFYC can help by giving guidance and teaching me about what a professional is.
LeahKerr

Reply with quote  #18 
1.1 Being a professional means being kind, respectful, honest, a rule follower, a hard worker and a good listener and leader. 

1.2 The NAEYC code of ethics will help me by showing me great ways to improve my professionalism. 
devfreim

Reply with quote  #19 
1.1) being professional means putting the kids first and remembering why you do what you do. It means treating everyone with the dignity and respect that they deserve. It means maintaining composure in tough situations, and making the call that has the best outcomes for both the children in your care and their families.

1.2) It helps by modeling ideal professional and ethical behavior. 
rjfranklin23

Reply with quote  #20 
1.1 Being a professional means putting the children and family in my care first and teaching with high expectations for behavior and learning. It also means conducting my teaching with dignity and integrity. It too means respectfully addressing children's and families needs and concerns. Professionalism also means consistently abiding by the program's rules and guidelines where I teach young children at. 

1.2 The NAEYC code of ethics will help me as a professional by providing a set of ethical guidelines to follow and abide by in my work with young children. The guidelines keep my accountable for my teaching and teaching methods. The NAEYC code of ethics sets standards that I can aim to reach as an Early Children professional. 

Paytonellis253

Reply with quote  #21 
1.1 being a professional to me means learning as much as you can about your profession and going to work with dignity and integrity. It means putting the children first even under stressful situations.

1.2 The NAEYC code of ethics will help me by showing me what a professional is.
melverston

Reply with quote  #22 
Discussion 1
Read the NAEYC Code of Ethics.
Stimulate your thinking.

1.1. What does being a professional mean to you?
It means acting in the way that your work environment expects you to act. This means thinking about if this coincides with the mission statement and common goals of your place of employment before you speak and make decisions.
1.2. How might the NAEYC Code of Ethics help you as a professional?
This helps guide you into making decisions that both you and your place of employment can respect and stand behind. It is important to look for resources when making these difficult decisions so that everyone feel safe in the environment and you do not accidentally offend individuals involved or in your community.

shannonsandberg4

Reply with quote  #23 
Being professional means being honest, approachable, helpful and hard-working.

The ethics state clearly what it looks like in practice to be professional.
SelenaGreen86

Reply with quote  #24 
Acting with professionalism means to act out the mission statement, acting with ethics and morals, and not allowing personal feelings control the way you act in a work environment.

The NAEYC code of ethics acts as a guideline for how to act with professionalism, and can be used if you have questions about what is appropriate and correct.
annasophia

Reply with quote  #25 
1.1 To me being a professional means putting the children and families in my care above everything else to ensure the needs of a child are being met. It also means displaying integrity and holding my attitude and behaviors to the highest standard to be a role model and to ensure the well being of the children in my class.

1.2 The NAEYC Code of Ethics is a great resource for professionalism.
Tabitha.Andrews24

Reply with quote  #26 
1.1 What does being a professional mean to you?
Being a professional to me means advocating for children, be respectful to the children and their families, being curious to ask critical questions to obtain the highest information, and going above and beyond to ensure each child has the best education.

1.2 How might the NAEYC Code of Ethics help you as a professional?
This guideline helps me understand how to be professional to help children strive to be better by being that exceptional role model.
lindsaychilders

Reply with quote  #27 

1.1. What does being a professional mean to you?
Being Professional means being a respectful contributing staff member who is constantly learning and adjusting to the career I have chosen.

1.2. How might the NAEYC Code of Ethics help you as a professional? This guideline helps to serve as a reminder to be most professional and exceptional to the children and families I service.

blooms

Reply with quote  #28 
1.1 Showing respect even in situations lacking grace and constantly learning to better improve oneself

1.2 The guide line is a good rule of thumb to help me be the best I can at my job.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.