All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
jacquelinemariedolim

Reply with quote  #1 
Discussions 2: Stimulate your thinking.
2.1. Who needs to be licensed in Washington State?

Anyone caring for children on a regular basis who are unrelated to them.

2.2. Where can I find the WACs for a center? WACs for a family home child care center?

The Washington Administrative Codes are found online. The WAC's for a Child Care Center are found in the Child Care Center Licensing Guidebook. The WAC's for a Family Home Child Care are found in the Family Home Child Care Licensing Guide.

2.3. What is my responsibility as a staff member in a program in terms of knowing the WACs?

It is a condition of my employment.
MariaGravena

Reply with quote  #2 
2.1. Who needs to be licensed in Washington State?

Anybody working in a school or childcare program must be licensed in Washington State

2.2. Where can I find the WACs for a center? WACs for a family home child care center?

You can find the WAC's for a center and a family home child care center in the Child Care Center Licensing Guidebook from the Washington State Department of Early Learning, and the Washington State Family Home Child Care Licensing Guide

2.3. What is my responsibility as a staff member in a program in terms of knowing the WACs?

My responsibility as a staff member in an early learning program in terms of knowing the WACs is to be aware of the WACs and adhere to them on a daily bases. Additionally, it is important to read the Department of Early Learning’s website frequently considering that addendums and additions made to the WACs will be posted there.
lalaroper

Reply with quote  #3 
1. anyone who is working in childcare or for a childcare facility 
2. In the licensing handbook, 
3. my responsibility as a staff member is to be aware of the WACs and adhere to all the regulations they encompass. I should be aware of any changes made and consult with my licenser on changes 
KIrish

Reply with quote  #4 

2.1. Who needs to be licensed in Washington State?
A
nyone working with children in a childcare, school, etc.

2.2. Where can I find the WACs for a center? WACs for a family home child care center?
The Washington Administrative codes are found online. The WAC's for a Child Care Center are found in the Child Care Center Licensing Guidebook. The WAC's for a Family Home Child Care are found in the Family Home Child Care Licensing Guide.

2.3What is my responsibility as a staff member in a program in terms of knowing the WACs?
I
 need to be aware of the rules and if any changes are made I need to keep up to date with those changes.

Seattle206

Reply with quote  #5 
Anyone working in child care or for a child car facility

Administrative codes are online, child care WAC is in the child care center licensing guidebook and for home care it is found in the home child care licensing guide.

I am to adhere to the WAC’s and be a wear of any changed and stay up to date.
AmberCColter

Reply with quote  #6 
2.1 Anyone who has children in their daily care whether it be in a childcare facility or a at home childcare.

2.2 You could find the WAC's online or you could get a copy of the Childcare Licensing guidelines from Early Learning

2.3 It is extremely important that we know the WAC's and follow them in the classroom to insure that the children are safe.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.