All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
devfreim

Reply with quote  #16 
3.1) Having an emergency first aid kit. This is important because you never know when a child under your care will suffer an injury or illness that you will have to adress quickly. 

3.2) I would highlight our handwashing procedures, since it is both an important aspect of health and safety but also a lesson and an important routine to teach the children.

3.3) a safe indoor environment is one that is cleaned regularly, inspected for anything that may be toxic or easily choked upon, and easily monitered by adults. A safe outdoor environment is one where kids have plenty of room to run and play without danger of collision. It is enclosed so the children cannot run off, and all equipment is regularly inspected and repaired. It is also easily supervised by adults.
shannonsandberg4

Reply with quote  #17 
3.1. What are some of the safety standards required by licensing regulations? Give examples of how they impact children's safety.

An example of this is to keep chemicals in a cabinet that is locked. It is important to do this especially if you are in a facility with young kids bc they are curious and will put things in their mouth that are potentially harmful. If these tings are locked up, that is a risk that doesn't have to be thought of.

3.2. If you were giving a prospective parent a tour through your program, what safety procedures would you highlight?

Tape for boundries in the class, maybe windows that are locked. I think I would just make sure that the parents sees and is told all the ways that the kids safety was made a priority.

3.3. What makes a safe indoor environment for young children? A safe outdoor environment for young children?

Indoor: outlets covered, chemicals locked up, breakable things in places kids can't reach, up to date first aid kit

Outdoor: safe fencing, safe play structures, easy access back inside.
melverston

Reply with quote  #18 
Discussions 3: Stimulate your Thinking.
3.1. What are some of the safety standards required by licensing regulations? Give examples of how they impact children's safety.
Having an emergency supply kit and fully stocked first aid kit is incredibly important to the safety of the children and fulfilling the licensing regulations for safety standards.

3.2. If you were giving a prospective parent a tour through your program, what safety procedures would you highlight?
I would highlight that things children would be using are at a safe height, things they shouldn't be using are at a high height, the first aid kit is accessible, the emergency supply kit is fully stocked, the bathrooms contain safety measures such as a stool and hand rail, and the furniture and hallways are all arranged for safe play and movement.

3.3. What makes a safe indoor environment for young children? A safe outdoor environment for young children?
Indoor: Open spaces with no small objects that could be swallowed or sharp objects that could be a hazard.
Outdoor: Leveled hard ground to avoid falling down or soft ground that would be safe to fall on.
Seattle206

Reply with quote  #19 
Safety rules and regulations are very important because if we don’t have hazardous chemicals locked and put away it could seriously harm the child.

I think i would concentrate on the very basics like hand washing, and how what the kids are able to reach are only things that they are allowed to have and not harmfully and make sure to point out that places or things they are not allowed to be around are locked away and kept out of reach of the children. I would also make sure that they see that fire escape routs ect are posted all around the facility.

Indoor: nothing hazerdous in reach, outlets covered, nothing sharp laying around, organized and clean open space
Outdoor: safe fully fenced area, soft ground, safe equipment that is regularly inspected.
SelenaGreen86

Reply with quote  #20 
Being aware of surrounding hazards, such as storing chemicals properly, making sure their are things like first aid kids handy, making sure the children are in a safe environment, or that children are healthy are all important factors in making sure your center is following safety standards. Not following these standards can put the child in an unsafe or unhealthy environment.

I would highlight that we have all safety precautions enforced, and that we practice emergency drills monthly, that we have locks on all chemical storage, and that the room has been thoroughly childproofed.  I would also make sure that they know how important safety precautions are to our center.

A safe indoor environment means that all hazardous materials are locked away and out of child's reach, children know and have access to safe areas during emergencies, and toys and environment are set for the appropriate developmental stage of the children in that room. 
A safe outdoor environment means that th play area be fenced, Soft landing areas and equipment that is developmentally appropriate.
annasophia

Reply with quote  #21 
3.1: Some safety standards include making sure there are no sharp or hazardous objects around, having first aid kits and latex gloves available, having a emergency route on display for adults to see, etc. These are important to making sure the environment is safe for the child, and to making sure an adult has the resources necessary to respond in case of an emergency or injury. 

3.2: I would highlight the childproofing done in classroom, and explain what our procedures are in case of emergency (like fire, lockdown, earthquake, etc). 

3.3: A safe indoor environment has all chemicals/hazards out of sight and reach of the children. It has shelves and table in the classroom at the children's level, and no sharp toys or furniture. A safe outdoor environment doesn't have structures that invite the children to climb extremely high or without a structure keeping the children from falling.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.