All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
MariaGravena

Reply with quote  #1 
Discussion: Share one of the most challenging parts of working with families, and one of the best parts.

The most challenging part of working with families is communicate with the families on different schedules, it's difficult stabilize a trustful and respectful relationship with families when we don't have time to really talk about their child.

The best things is when the relationship with the families are so mutual and the families can see us as a partner on their child development.
Rebeccagendro

Reply with quote  #2 
One of the most challenging parts with working with families is that there usually isn't a lot of time to talk with them about any concerns we have. Many parents come and go and it's hard to schedule a time to meet.

The best part about working with families is that we both get to play a part in their child's development and it's nice to know that we make a difference.

Reply with quote  #3 
 the most challenging parts with working with families is timing, there usually isn't a lot of time to talk with them about any concerns we have regarding their child. Many parents come and go just a quick in and out and it's hard to schedule a time to meet with them.

the best part about working with families is that you get to build a relationship with both the child and the parents. and being a part of the childs life and watching them grow up and develop new skills day by day is very reassuring.
ojack

Reply with quote  #4 
Lack of time is a really big issue when trying to communicate with parents. Many parent rush out immediately after pick up.
The best part would have to be the relationship that develops between the caregiver and the child/ childs family. And being able to watch the children grow and develop into their uniqueness. 

SierraKowalski

Reply with quote  #5 
The best part about working with families is that special connection when a parent is particularly appreciative of your work with their child. It feels good to know a parent is comfortable leaving their child in my care, and that I'm helping to make a difference in their life.

The most difficult isn't when parent expect a lot but when they are negative to you and assume that you don't care about their kid. We're all trying our best and open communication can improve what a parent wants me to work on but assuming I won't follow through or that I am not listening is just incorrect. Luckily even parents who have had negative experiences at my center soon see that I truly love my students.
pj5

Reply with quote  #6 
Discussion: Share one of the most challenging parts of working with families, and one of the best parts.

The most challenging part of working with families is when we have differing opinions on how to deal with situations involving the child or when home instruction/consequences are different from school instruction/consequences.  

One of the best parts is building a good relationship with the family and the child having a team of adults supporting and encouraging them.
susanalexis

Reply with quote  #7 
One of the best parts of working with families is that everyone wants what is best for the child. So as long as that is communicated, families are usually thrilled to find someone who cares about their child's individual needs.

One of the most challenging parts of working with families is that caregivers and families do not always agree or see to eye to eye. Fora very broad, general example: if the caregiver is trying to teach children that all violence or hitting others is unacceptable, but the family member believes that if someone else starts the fight, the child must physically defend himself. Truth be told, I believe this to be a gray area because of my own experiences with my children, so it would make it difficult for me to 100% agree either way.
SelenaGreen86

Reply with quote  #8 
One of the most challenging parts of working with families, can be parents not understanding their child's behavior being different in the classroom than at home and feeling like you are being too hard on their child. Often times parents don't understand how a child can behave differently in a group setting with their peers, and different at home with one on one supervision.

However, one of the best parts about working with families can be the deep connection you develop with them, and feeling like a team when you see the child struggling with something that you as a teacher gets to help be a part of the solution process and you all see success in the child.  
blooms

Reply with quote  #9 
One of the most challenging parts of working with families is that often times the parent/guardian feels some level of anxiety about being at work and not with their child. If communication is not deliberately had on a regular basis, this can turn into a much more serious issue.

One of the best parts is the blessing of seeing the children I care for on a daily basis not only grow and develop but thrive. It is one of my favorite things about my job.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.