All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
MKazimer

Reply with quote  #1 
Discussion 2.4: Separation Strategies
Provide your unique ideas for making it easier for the child and/or parent to say goodbye.

I make sure that my classroom is clean and inviting for the students when they are arriving. I make sure to have interesting activities set up at each station so that students are naturally drawn into the classroom. I also make sure to have some friends in a group activity by the entrance so that there is a sort of a greeting committee when another student arrives. I also ask that the parents try and get to know the other students' names and relationships to their own child so that they are able to help the students find a friend to engage with.
MariaGravena

Reply with quote  #2 

I would talk with the family members to help the child with the transition, by staying on the center for some days, and gradually spending less time on there. This will help the child feel comfortable with the new place and he/she can be more confidence about staying there with the caregivers.    

blooms

Reply with quote  #3 
First, I would make a transition plan and speak to family members. I would do my best to help baby and parent feel more comfortable by letting parents stay a little longer at first to help with the transition and reminding baby that they always come back.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.