All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
MKazimer

Reply with quote  #1 
Discussion 1.2: How can you make sure your environment inspires children's learning and keeps them engaged?

To ensure that my teaching environment inspires learning and keeps children engaged I provide multiple activities to choose from in each special interest center. I provide different components appropriate to the themes and range of developmental ages in the the class.
I also make sure to let the students lead the activities so that they are more engaged and have ownership over their learning experience. I allow them to manipulate the materials however they seem fit and provide the space and time to let them explore all their materials.
I make sure to put all the activities and props in places that are accessible and inviting to the children. I also make sure to keep their materials organized and labeled clearly so that they are able to find them and put them back when they are done using them which makes them responsible for their own learning tools engaging them further.
MariaGravena

Reply with quote  #2 

To provide a nurture environment, we need to use all the components of a good learning environment.
We need to work close to the children;
Have stimulating, challenging activities available throughout the day;
and Rooms with different activities, and toys where children can chose to play and learn with their preferences.
A well-planned environment encourages children to play and grow socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually.

Deniseseaman

Reply with quote  #3 
In our infant care room, we make sure babies that are not crawlers are rotated around the room as well as in different positions. We offer a variety of stimulating experiences but also have to pay careful attention to their safety and health. It is a busy room full of many cleanings, both for the baby as well as the environment. We make sure they each get cuddle time as well as one on one attention on the floor. It is an extremely busy environment but we try hard to meet each of their needs.
jvillanueva

Reply with quote  #4 
I think in order to keep inspiring children's learning and development, there needs to be enough stimulation and toys available. Children need a different variety of toys and books to explore and interact with. These options allow the children to develop and nurture their preferences and likes/dislikes. Additionally, books improve language and communication. Different activities each day keeps the children engaged, and ensures they do not get bored throughout the day. 
In my classroom, I always bring out a special toy that we keep in storage at the end of the day. The kids know that these toys are special activities and not ones that they freely have access to. By mixing it up, they are able to be engaged and interested/curious about different things, rather than playing with the same exact toys in the classroom each day. 
shannonsandberg4

Reply with quote  #5 
The best way to make sure your learning environment is engaging and exciting is to have many different things to play with in each section in your class. It is important that your activities include activities that children of multiple different development stages could be engaged with and have fun playing in.
melverston

Reply with quote  #6 
Discussion 1.2: How can you make sure your environment inspires children's learning and keeps them engaged?
A great way to keep a child's interest sparked on their learning is to keep introducing fresh materials to keep them excited about their learnings. When a child is excited about their learning they will be more engaged and can take more away from the activity.
kpayo418

Reply with quote  #7 

As an Assistant I am not always "in-the-know" of things around school. I totally agree that by making sure to inspire children's learning and engagement we have to rotate them around the room,switch up some things in the room, add more elements every once in a while, even add more books. Right now, in my position I feel a little help back because I don't feel like I can ask for information on resources lead teachers can use like budget, or requesting new things in the room.
peteintro71

Reply with quote  #8 
How can you make sure your environment inspires children’s learning and keeps them engaged?
A lot goes into inspiration, and ultimately each child is inspired by many different things. While being a stage acting out their favorite dramatic play is inspiring for one child but shied away from by another. Inspiration has to come from many places and take many forms. Keeping children engaged starts by offer a multitude of activities that grab their attention and connect with their curiosity. Rotating these activities if important to. Making space for the student to lead their own activities is a powerful ingredient of inspiration as well. Easy access and proper child centered scale of design help the students access play. Nurturing, caring and engaging teachers add a lot of inspiration to the mix too.
kpayo418

Reply with quote  #9 
To make sure our environment helps stimulate the children, we can inspire them by changing up the activities each day, well not all of them, but always have an alternative option other than heir daily toys and books. By putting different items in the sensory table every other day can be a good surprise for them.
srambow

Reply with quote  #10 
Changin out different things monthly in the students interest areas are a great way to keep kids engaged and inspired in the environment. Hanging up students art projects in the room. We have a huge board in our classroom that we decorate according to the next lesson plan and the kids take part in decorating some part of it.

Reply with quote  #11 
We can make sure the environment inspires and engages the children by providing things that will spark sensory interest for the children. For example, bright colors, music, or sensory bins. Another way to inspire and engage the children is to have a variety of activities/interest areas for them to play in.
blooms

Reply with quote  #12 
You can make sure the learning environment is engaging by offering multiple centers with varying learning activities. Examples would be a dry sensory table, blocks, imaginary play or even coloring and molding clay. This can be changed out periodically in order to make sure children don’t get bored. The caregiver is in charge of monitoring all children to be sure they don’t need extra help in some areas.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.