All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
KIrish

Reply with quote  #31 
1.1 Materials should encourage development and creativity in children. There should be centers of various kinds with multiple items of interest for numerous children to enjoy the center.
rjfranklin23

Reply with quote  #32 

What types of materials, equipment and activities should I provide for the children and how do I determine if it is developmentally appropriate?

I would determine where children are at in terms of their fine and gross motor development and provide activities that are challenging but not so challenging that children cannot do the activities independently. I would also determine if those selected materials were developmentally appropriate by thinking about the developmental skills and knowledge required at different ages and being sure to not give children materials that inappropriate for their age.

Olyvia.hayter

Reply with quote  #33 

Discussion 3.1: Selecting appropriate classroom materials ...

What types of materials, equipment and activities should I provide for the children and how do I determine if it is developmentally appropriate?

To select appropriate classroom materials keep in mind your age group, the developmental abilities of the child, and the different areas of development.
SierraKowalski

Reply with quote  #34 
A diverse variety of materials should be provided and activities planned so students can progress in areas of social-emotional, physical, fine and gross motor, literacy, cognitive, and more.
shannonsandberg4

Reply with quote  #35 
Materials should be provided that allow development and creativity to emerge from children. It is important that materials can allow for motification of different development speeds and special needs that children may have.
melverston

Reply with quote  #36 
Discussion 3.1: What types of materials, equipment and activities should I provide for the children and how do I determine if it is developmentally appropriate?
It is important to provide a variety of materials, equipment and activities that will appeal to children with varying interests and also help further their individual developmental growth. A way to determine if it is developmentally appropriate is by either researching using reliable sources or through close observation of your students using the materials or equipment.
srambow

Reply with quote  #37 
The materials in the room should be age specific and able to meet the child's developmental needs as well as being safe and non toxic, easy to store and durable.

If i had to write weekly schedules for my class/ kids it would always be structured the same but i would Incorporate new lessons during times of working in the classroom as well as new are projects or works that are based off of the lessons/ holidays observed.

Reply with quote  #38 
It is important to provide metrical that is age appropriate for the children and meet the interests of all the kids in the class, this is why it’s important to have a verity of toys in the classroom. You can use reliable sources to see if toys are developmentally and age appropritae for the children in the class. We should keep in mind ability, development, age and interests of the kids when deciding on toys to have in the classroom.
SelenaGreen86

Reply with quote  #39 
The types of materials used in a room are determined by the children and their development stage.  The equipment and activities planned should be set according to the age and abilities as well. You determine what is appropriate by observing the children and having them in the correct age groups.
AmberCColter

Reply with quote  #40 
Types of material I would use in the classroom would be based on their development. Activities that would appeal to children. To get their interest peaked. You would also have to be careful what you choose because you do not want something that would be too difficult.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.