All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
MKazimer

Reply with quote  #1 
It is important for educators as well as caregivers to be aware of these milestones so that they can celebrate with their children or seek out support if needed. Early intervention is essential for the child's development all through their lives even into adulthood.
If a child is able to reach the milestones appropriate for their age then they are able to build more knowledge and understanding on top of that. If there is a sign of developmental delay and it is identified and an intervention occurs in a timely manner, that is better for the student because they will not have to navigate any major disruptions as they progress through their lives.
Deniseseaman

Reply with quote  #2 
I like the way these age groups are categorized and the format. It helps parents and teachers alike to easily check on milestones. It also is great to take to a pediatrician if there is concern.
MariaGravena

Reply with quote  #3 
It is important that parents and caregivers recognize and understand these milestones, so that way they can carefully observe the growth of children and help them develop all the skills by doing the age appropriate activities.
jvillanueva

Reply with quote  #4 
This checklist of common milestones is so helpful for caregivers and parents. Especially first time parents, or new caregivers who have little to no experience with infants and toddlers! I have been working as a child care educator for a year now and there are still some things on the checklist I wasn't aware of. In addition to the checklist, it is also helpful that there are a list of red flags to watch out for that parents can ask their child's healthcare provider about.
I really loved that the checklist not only lists milestones and red flags, but also ways that parents and caregivers can continue to encourage their child's development!
Bo

Reply with quote  #5 
This checklist is very useful for parents to check if their kids meet the milestones as expected. And it also gives nice advice to parents to accompany with their kid and help the children to develop well as an individual one.

And I am a mom of two boys who ages are 3 and 5. The list gives me super well advice which I have not focused on. 

I take care of a pre-k class. And I can get well with them according to the list what I would better to do.
LeahKerr

Reply with quote  #6 
It s interesting to look at all of the milestones that children should achieve at specific ages. I never realized how fast children learn. It's pretty amazing to see what babies and small children are capable to do when they are so young. 
KIrish

Reply with quote  #7 
It is very nice to be able to see what milestones a child should have achieved and by what age. Keeping up to date on these milestones is helpful to know how I as a teacher can best help the children in my care.
shannonsandberg4

Reply with quote  #8 
Red Flags are extra important for really young kids because their development bounces off of their previous development. IF there are red flags, it is crucial to try and get help so they can continue to progress over time.
peteintro71

Reply with quote  #9 
It is amazing how much is learned at each stage of early childhood development. All individual skills, but very interlinked. Having a "road map" of that journey is very helpful especially when collaborating with, and guiding parents.
annasophia

Reply with quote  #10 
The idea of continuum is very clear when looking at these milestones. The development starting in infants of smiling at faces, learning familiar faces, to being afraid of strangers and clingy to familiar people shows how young minds build on knowledge in an upward development.
blooms

Reply with quote  #11 
This checklist is very helpful in knowing when to intercede on a child's behalf. While understanding that every child learns at a different pace, there are times when this is necessary.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.