All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
rubyv

Reply with quote  #1 

3.1. Ignoring the child or making them disregarding their problem.

3.2. Crying, shouting, or telling you.

3.3. Listen to the reason the child is upset, limit the problem/the child's bad behavior, listen and let the child throw and tantrum and get their anger out. I think the hardest part for me is just stepping back and listening to the tantrum without telling them to stop.

3.4. I have stopped myself and taken deep breaths.
julianachaves

Reply with quote  #2 

3.1 - When the child is scolded in front of other children. They are completely without ground.

3.2 - They are reserved, in silence, shy.

3.3 - Hear the reason the child is upset
        Limit child's attitudes
        He hears a child reacting, and I move away.
        In my opinion the most difficult and let the child have their reactions and move away.

3.4 - Struggling to hear a child.

lalaroper

Reply with quote  #3 
1. large groups, being ignored, asking them the same question multiple times when you don't hear what they say. 
2. looking at you, asking verbally, screaming, yelling 
3. Listen"What is going on?" at there eyelevel,
Limit: say "I need you to change your choice. Our toys are for playing. When you throw it like that, that makes me think you can't play with our toys nicely" 
Listen: say "I understand that you're frustrated, when your body is calm we can talk about it"
lalaroper

Reply with quote  #4 
4 I don't usually feel that i might harm a child but that is because i usually am honest with myself. it is essential to be honest with yourself in all times because otherwise you could seriously harm a child. remove yourself when this happens. 
KIrish

Reply with quote  #5 

3.1. What are some things, large or small, that you have seen that caused a child to feel disconnected?
Y
elling at the child in front of a group.

3.2. How do children signal that they need help?
T
hrough fits, crying, etc.

3.3. Describe the Listen, Limit, Listen process. Which step is toughest for you?
L
isten to what is going on. Limit any harm they may cause to themselves or others. Listen once they have calmed.

3.4. How have you stopped yourself or gotten help when you felt you might harm a child?
S
ometimes I simply excuse myself if I start to get upset.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.