All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
rubyv

Reply with quote  #1 
3.1 Some safety standards include not having potentially dangerous objects in kids reach, have safe toys for the children to play with, keep the facility clean, use safe food procedures.

3.2 I would highlight that we always maintain the proper staff to child ratio and the safety precautions we take with serving food.

3.3 A safe indoor environment for children includes safe toys, no choking hazards no sharp objects, etc. A safe outdoor environment includes the proper amount of space, safe play equipment, and safe outdoor toys.
julianachaves

Reply with quote  #2 
3.1- Animals, Fish or Pets: I find it difficult to keep a clean place with animals together. Animals drop by and develop diseases that are not seen by a naked eye, have to keep the animal very clean, vaccinated to protect like children.

3.2- Highlight the sprinkler heads. As children they hurt more when they are playing, so I would enhance my safety in this place.

3.3- A safe environment free of things that hurt, small pieces that can be swallowed, slippery places, too hot ... A safe and water-free outdoor place, poisonous plants, animals and tall.
Williamse

Reply with quote  #3 
3.1- Some safety standards would be for you to eliminate any potential harmful objects, make sure to clean toys of areas where the children often play/eat. Make sure to have first aid kits available all well as important phone numbers and evacuation plans.
3.2- I would make sure the parents knows that while at school the children are most important. I would tell them about or food safety and sanitations. As well as weekly deep cleanings and cleaning or every mouthed toy.
3.3 A safe inside environment would be age appropriate toys, any chemicals or sanitizers are out of reach from the children, door cracks are covered to help avoid smashed fingers. A safe outdoor environment would be again age appropriate materials and toys, making sure you only take the children outside when the weather is appropriate.
graysoncj24

Reply with quote  #4 
3.1: Safety standards would be the removal of any potentially harmful objects, known allergens, and age inappropriate materials from the classroom. Also, making sure that spills and damage done to the classroom (that creates an unsafe learning environment) is cleaned up or repaired in a prompt manner. Having plans in place for different types of emergencies is also important

3.2: I would tell parents about how classrooms are structured and designed in a way to minimize student injuries while also allowing children the freedom to play and be themselves.

3.3 Safe indoor and outdoor areas should be places where the children are free to do as they please without fear of injury. Size and age appropriate materials are necessary, as are toys and games constructed in a way that makes it unlikely for them to cause injuries (soft balls, large non chocking hazard game pieces, etc.)
pmarch76

Reply with quote  #5 
3.1: what are some of safety standards required by licensing regulations? The removal of dangerous or harmful objects, known allergies. Make sure that spills and damage to the classroom.

3.2: If you were a prospective parent on tour through your program what safety procedures would you have? That the classroom is structured and designed in a way to minimize student injuries, and also allowing children the freedom to play.

3.3:What makes a safe indoor environment for young children? A safe outdoor environment for young children?  Indoor and outdoor places should be where children can play without fear of injury. as are toys and games constructed in a way that make it unlikely for them soft balls, large non choking hazards.

Jenrm

Reply with quote  #6 
What I learned from this model of animals in the classroom is that it is important to not only the animals that they are safe and not showing signs of stress but it's also 8mportant for the children to learn and adapt. If they can't adpat to care for a real life animal at the age they are. It's better for everyone to wait til the kid is older.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.