All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
rubyv

Reply with quote  #1 
Being professional when it comes to childcare means following the guidelines with how to treat the kids with respect as well as having open and respectful relationships with families. A profession differs from an occupation in that a profession requires training and knowledge whereas an occupation is just something you can do.
graysoncj24

Reply with quote  #2 
Professionalism, in regards to child care means following all guidelines set by your licencor and center to provide the best quality education and developmental environment while treating the children in your care and their families with the respect that they deserve. The difference between a profession and an occupation is that the training and tool set needed for a profession is usually standardized throughout a large demographic, while the training used for an occupation can more easily vary from location to location. 
Marietta Huffington

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marietta Huffington
I thrived as a child because....
Thinking about thriving, what is your biggest concern for children and adults in our community today?

I thrived as a child because, I was outside most of the time. Learning to play with my older brother.  I would try to do what he was doing. I was deaf for the first 4 years of my life, so I learned to read peoples expressions and body language. I figured out how to ride a bike without training wheels by watching my older brother. I ran into a few parked cars, but I got the hang of it before my older brother. Which made him angry. I don’t pick up on things easily, other than basic math and algebra, but I am persistent and work hard at it. As a kid, I felt I had to work really hard and be perfect at it, to get my mom’s approval. To see her eyes, shine with pride.

Adults- both parents have to work to make ends meet. They don’t have enough time or energy to spend a lot of time with their child as much as they like. They hope to get great quality time with their children and they have to rely on the phrase, it takes a village to raise a child, more so than before. They have hope that they picked the right child care facility, that have wonderful, caring, and giving teachers to teach them what they don't have the quantity of time to do. It can be mentally taxing on a parent, feel guilt at times. I know I did when I would leave my child for someone else to teach him in his early years before Kindergarten. I missed out on so many 1st times of doing things. However, I was the first one to teach him how to ride a bike without training wheels. To see the pride in his eyes that he could do it was so worth the many hours of working with him.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.