All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
SGCO

Reply with quote  #1 
Welcome to the new forum. This is an opportunity to interact with your peers regarding this discussion topic. Please add your thoughts and comments or reply to other posts.
jenrom

Reply with quote  #2 
As I went through the WAC Hunt I discovered that the WAC Guidebooks gives me a significant amount of information to answer my own questions. It teaches me the rules and policies for any and all situations that may present themselves. It is very helpful to a person that has little to no knowledge in this field or it can be used as a guide for people who have been working years as a child care staff. I was surprised but the amount of information that is presented to us in the WAC but it is comforting to know that any question or concern that we may have can be answered in these two guidebooks. I can see how the WAC Guidebook will be used in my day to day practice caring for children because it already helped me answer most of my questions and if a situation presents itself in the future I can always pull up one of the guidebooks to aid me in what I should do. 
msflores03

Reply with quote  #3 
Module 1: Right WAC Wrong WAC
For this assignment I was able to read and discover more about WAC. Going through WAC I was able to read the question and see if the statement was written correctly on the worksheet in comparison to the actual phrase. Some were correct, also some statements were incorrect on the worksheet. WAC is very specific on the answers for the questions we have as child care providers. This activity was helpful.
bbauer12

Reply with quote  #4 
I'm here to discuss professionalism and what skills are involved for that.  My best piece of advice for anyone working with children is finding a mutual ground between yourself and the children.  It's helpful to be personal about various things you may have in common (such as sports, tv shows, idols, music, games, etc.).  Along with this, it's important to find a mutual communication.  I have found that when talking to child on an equal level, rather than talking down, they are much more respectful and more willing to listen and be a part of your curriculum.  Being an employee close to the students age gave me the opportunity to see the comparison of my interactions compared to come of my workers at the age of parents who naturally talk to them in a more "child like" manner as one would speak to their own child.  I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this, but it can be difficult to separate the communication between your own child and others'.  Children would rather be seen as a friend than a child like your own.
Marietta Huffington

Reply with quote  #5 
Working on Handout # 7. After looking into each question on the WAC site, I have a better understanding on what is correct and not.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.