All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
haleygoodwin

Reply with quote  #1 
Infant Scenario:
This behavior is age appropriate since children are becoming securely attached to their parents. They are entering a stage where they recognize who is their main provider and it causes anxiety to be away from them. This is something normal and not to be concerned about. This is hard to avoid but will subside when you can talk to your child about coming back to get them.
Jwaddelow

Reply with quote  #2 
Preschool scenario:

I would educate the parent that at this age boys are learning how to be creative and coming up with ideas. Children also listen and do things other kids want to do at this age. Just because the boys dress up in girls play dress up clothes does not mean they are doing anything inappropriate. It is important to let the child grow and play and not hinder their imaginative play.
verlene268

Reply with quote  #3 
Infant Scenario: I would reassure the parents that their son will fine.I would explain infants often go through this stage in their development where they are attached to their main caregivers. He will settle down and have a good day. he will be well taken care of. 
Rebeccagendro

Reply with quote  #4 
Preschool scenario:
1. Playing dress up and imagination are parts of what we expect from children at a preschool age. However, the child care provider should respect and follow the wishes of the parents. \
2. To explain that this is normal for children, the parent should be educated on what is expected at each level of development. For children this age, dress up us normal and not necessarily inappropriate.
3. The child might act this way because they are in the stage of their development where their imagination is running wild. They don't realize that some may find it socially unacceptable to dress up as the opposite gender.
4. I would suggest that the parent open up and let their child develop "normally" but as I said before, we must respect the parents wishes for the child.

Reply with quote  #5 
infant scenario- this behavior is normal for a child's development, it shows that the child knows and trusts their main provider and it shouldn't be a very high concern for anyone because its normal, you can start by building the child's trust that why they know that it isn't so bad and if the parents are getting uncomfortable just reassure them that their child is fine and that it is normal for his age to have separation issues.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.