All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
rjfranklin23

Reply with quote  #16 

Toddler scenario:

1. This is not age appropriate because toddlers are not able to share toys with peers.

2. I could say that it made sense the toddlers were fighting because they don’t understand the concept of sharing so being told to share nicely doesn’t resonate.

3. The children might fight because they don’t know yet have the knowledge of what sharing means, or what taking turns is.

4. I would let one child start with the toy and recognize when the child loses interest in the toy and give it to the next child.

rjfranklin23

Reply with quote  #17 

Toddler scenario:

1. This is not age appropriate because toddlers are not able to share toys with peers.

2. I could say that it made sense the toddlers were fighting because they don’t understand the concept of sharing so being told to share nicely doesn’t resonate.

3. The children might fight because they don’t know yet have the knowledge of what sharing means, or what taking turns is.

4. I would let one child start with the toy and recognize when the child loses interest in the toy and give it to the next child.

susanalexis

Reply with quote  #18 
1. This is very age appropriate for Jamal, but I can understand why the parents are concerned.

2.At some point between being an older baby and a younger toddler, everyone goes through a stage of separation anxiety when they don't want to leave a loved family member. If anything, it shows an affinity for the family member and that the child is loved!

3. The child behaves this way because this a normal milestone of separation anxiety.

4. I wouldn't want to do something to keep it from happening. The child is loved and wants to stay with his parents. That's normal and healthy. Though nothing negative happened at day care, he would rather be with his mom. His mom would probably rather be with him sometimes, too. What I would do is set up a "nanny cam" or send pictures to show how Jamal is doing after his mom leaves. If he would like to be hugged, rocked, or cuddled in some way when it is time to separate from mom, I would do that for him, as well.
Seattle206

Reply with quote  #19 
Infant scenario
1. Separation anxiety is something that is very normal for Jamals age, u can also see why the parents would think something is making him not want to be there
2. Between infant and toddler stage is it very common for children o have separation anxiety and not leave their mo or dad that they really love. He wants to stay with his parent, this is something that is normal for his age and he is not the only one in the class who is going through this stage as well.
3. This is a very important milestone for children, this means children understand the parents are going to leave and he knows what he wants.
4. This is one of those things where there is not really much that we can do about it. Wheat i usually do is hug or hold the child and let them know that everything is okay and work to find something that the child likes to play with and will distract the child from the crying. where i work we send parents photos every other week of all the children in the class. In this we make sure to get pictures of the children smiling, laughing, playing with friends, and running around on the playground.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.