All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
CGirl

Reply with quote  #1 
Discussion 3.2: Writing effective weekly schedules ...
How do you write a lesson plan for young children? Outline your thought process and approach.

First, I consider the age group I am targeting. If I am targeting toddlers, for example, I will remember developmental milestones these toddlers will be reaching or working toward. Then, with these in mind, I make a list of developmentally appropriate activities that will allow the children to develop in a sequential and supporting way. I then create a theme, either by skill or other stimulus, such as the seasons, and write a lesson plan using that one skill or theme in a variety of ways to engage the toddlers in a quality learning experience. Then I teach/facilitate the learning using this lesson plan!
pmarch76

Reply with quote  #2 
3.2: Writing effective weekly schedules....

How do you write a lesson plan for young children: Outline your thought process and approach.

The age group is important to writing your plan, for two year old, i'd make a list of appropriate activities, create a theme, gather books, cutouts.

TiffanyHubbard91

Reply with quote  #3 
How do you write a lesson plan for young children? Outline your thought process and approach.

First, consider age group and age appropriateness.
If i was working with 4 and 5 year olds, I would come up with a theme that i would consider all diversities and culturally appropriate subjects. I would present the theme to the class, we would have discussions about the class during scheduled morning circle time. I would provide materials to expand on the topics in many different ways. Science, math, literacy, art, manipulatives, sensory plays.
I would continue to keep the same schedule everyday for circle time, class exploration time, outside time, gross motor activities, etc.
SelenaGreen86

Reply with quote  #4 
Writing a lesson plan for young children requires observation of their skills and abilities, as well as what milestones they need to achieve. After picking a theme for the week, I would then decide how to present the theme under a variety of activities, and projects, learning centers and sensory play.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.