All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
tracymiller36

Reply with quote  #1 
First I like to ask the parents if they feel comfortable speaking English or if they could express themselves better in their home language. I make sure that they know all members of the family are welcome to join us and that we have plenty of time-I never schedule so close that others are waiting. I thank them for coming in to help their child in their development. I make sure they know we are a team and I am not judging them.
Sometimes more communication is needed-message me if the child didn't sleep well or if something is going on that I need to know about.
I always have more positive things to say about the child than concerns. And ask for their help in solving any problem we might be having. I thank them for their support and taking the time to come in. I try to listen more than I talk and ask open ended questions.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.