All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 5     «   Prev   2   3   4   5
lilafaria191

Reply with quote  #61 
Effective communication involves seeing the other person (in this case, the families') perspectives. I find, when I can understand where family members are coming from, I am much more effectively able to communicate with them.
srambow

Reply with quote  #62 
Effective communication with families takes physical respect such as facing the parent arms open direct eye contact and having a willingness to listen to the families perspective and just being respectful and mindful of the parents feelings. If its not direct then emailing, phone calls. We also do a monthly newsletter for the parents to take home so they can be informed about what the students are learning and events coming up. 

Reply with quote  #63 
Willing to take time to listen to families and what their concerns are makes them feel comfortable to communicate together. Asking how their day was or how your student is at home and compare how he/she is in the classroom.
SelenaGreen86

Reply with quote  #64 
Discussing a child's progress with a parent or family member can be difficult if not approached correctly.  I think it is important to approached the issue with caution and positivity.  Trying to understand the parents perspective on how they perceive their child is key to learning how to approach each individual. A parent wants to feel heard and supported, and understanding their viewpoint and using positive language is the most effective ways of communicating your point with them. 
delgado_18

Reply with quote  #65 
Talking about the main things and letting the parents know about the progress of their child in specific areas is a way to communicate effectively with a parent. The way the subject is also approached is very important showing the parents that it is a serious matter. Also, taking advise from the parents and incorporating it as way to teach the child is very effective. 
Shokosluis

Reply with quote  #66 
Newsletters tell what’s happening in the classroom. When newsletters are sent periodically to the families, they trust the school and they can even reinforce what their child learned or learning at home. When an accident occurs, the family should get notified shortly after. Make sure the communication is two way between the familiy and educator. Communication is critical to have partnership with families for educators.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.