All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
dmartin

Reply with quote  #1 

2.1. What adult responses to a child's or children's behavior have you have seen work well?

I've seen adults respond kindly and softy to children and it seems to keep children calm and feel secure.
2.2. Every program has Guidance Polices. If you were writing them, what would you want them to say?

I would want them to emphasize how important it is to talk to children kindly and calmly, and under no circumstances may a staff member yell, scream, namecall, touch violently or harass a child. Punishment should not be in the form of physical acts, verbal abuse, locked rooms and withholding of food or drink.

julianachaves

Reply with quote  #2 

2.1- The adults are talking like children calmly and quietly, and as children are satisfied and suggestions with that.

2.2- It could be emphasized how you should inform yourself as children. Do not irritate them, do not provoke, hurt, hurt, hurt. But protect, care and love.

jodiehkm

Reply with quote  #3 
1. Describing children's actions
2. Dos instead of Don'ts
3. Time in
4. Aware touch
5. Give choices
6. Redirect
7. Time out
8. Support positive peer interaction

I have seen the aware touch work best because it actually conveys a stronger message to the child.

2.2 I would definitely convey a message that encourages being patient because children do not understand at a young age and it takes a lot of patience to teach them.
lalaroper

Reply with quote  #4 
1. By talking to the child instead of snapping the child is a lot more responsive. by asking questions is also something that works really well. 
2. stay positive
KIrish

Reply with quote  #5 

2.1. What adult responses to a child's or children's behavior have you have seen work well?
A
ddressing a child in a nice friendly manner vs. yelling at a child.

2.2. Every program has Guidance Polices. If you were writing them, what would you want them to say?
T
o always be willing to give the kids second chances and to use patience and positiveness .

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.