All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
VirginiaMcAlister

Reply with quote  #1 
I have come to realize recently that the way that I grew up really affected my thinking and my survival skills. I was raised in a religious household, but as an adult, I don't currently practice a religion. My mom was often ill and my dad was an alcoholic, so I became used to taking care of myself, and not trusting others to take care of me. My peers and education in college had a profound affect on my current political views. I am definitely influenced by politics and media, perhaps more so than I'd like. I believe it's possible to change one's views. I changed my views after being exposed to a lot of sociological and philosophical theories that I hadn't been exposed to previously. College is a very malleable time in a person's life, however. I don't argue on social media and try to change others' views, especially not older people. Older people are statistically much more likely to be "set in their ways".
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.