All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
CGirl

Reply with quote  #1 
Discussion 2.4: Separation Strategies

Provide your unique ideas for making it easier for the child and/or parent to say goodbye.

I would try to redirect the child, ask her to join the group if she is ready in a fun activity, allow her to cry and comfort her, ask her what I could do to help, listen to her feelings, and overall, make sure I am caring, sympathetic, and patient with her. I could ask her to draw a picture of her doing something with her mom after childcare, or ask her to describe her favorite things to do with friends to get her mind on something else. I would encourage her to express her feelings, and comfort her while she goes through the transition. I could acknowledge that transitions are hard for me to. I could ask the parent to come in and be a part of the classroom one day the first week to ease the transition, as well. I could also ask the parent to come at lunchtime one day, if that is possible for their schedule.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.