All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
chelsearobles

Reply with quote  #1 
Develop respect, reciprocal relationships with families you need to be understanding and accept diversity. Each child, their families are very unique having their backgrounds, you as a teacher will get an understanding of how a family is and why the child is the way he/she is. Understanding yourself and what your background is you will be able to see the differences in you and the child’s family. I believe teachers and parents should have a bond where they can have open commmunication and come up to you when they need help.
Ritsu T

Reply with quote  #2 
I believe that understanding diversity plays a part to develop the respectful relationship with family.  Acceptance of difference doesn't mean agreement about differences.  Teaching diversity doesn't mean teaching that each child has to agree with a difference but helping them learn to accept differences with respect.
HPhilyaw

Reply with quote  #3 
Developing respectful reciprocal relationships with families is an ongoing process. I think it should start from a place of understanding and compassion. While you might not understand or relate to everyone, it is always possible to find common ground and to accept differences. We are all influenced and shaped by our environments. Viewing diversity as a chance to add new perspective, and integrate varied experience is one way to create an open and accepting environment. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.