All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
CGirl

Reply with quote  #1 
By asking them to fill out a "tell me about yourself" form, by observation, and by asking children to talk/write about their family and personal experiences, such as a vacation. For example, while in grade school, I was directed to write about my summer vacation experiences. In this way, the teacher could better get to know my interests and the things my family enjoy doing. Sharing time is also helpful for professionals to get to know the children and families in their care/program.
graysoncj24

Reply with quote  #2 
Talking to students individually (whenever possible) is the best way to get to know them, the same thing goes for their families. In addition to this, observing how students respond to different class activities can be a good way to gauge interest by paying attention to what they respond positively and negatively to, and then while it is impossible to tailor a class environment 100% to a single student I could then try to incorporate those types of activities more frequently. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.