All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
rjfranklin23

Reply with quote  #31 
Development at each age builds on development achieved at the previous age. The social/emotion, and cognitive milestones checklists get much longer as children get older--the earliest milestones are mostly concerned with motor skills. 
Olyvia.hayter

Reply with quote  #32 
What I notice about the checklist is that the older the age the more milestones there are. 
devfreim

Reply with quote  #33 
While in each age range there are a similar amount of movement milestones, the other categories get larger and larger as the child gets older.
katarina.astley

Reply with quote  #34 
The continuum of development builds upon each previous milestone. There are not only more milestones as a child gets older, but they become more complex as the children are continuously fine-tuning their developmental domains.
Paytonellis253

Reply with quote  #35 
The contribution of development is built from the childs previous milestones that they’ve made throughout their lifetime. The milestones get more complex as the child grows and gets older.
susanalexis

Reply with quote  #36 
I've had 3 children, and all of the milestones are on par with my experiences. But I've also noticed while being a caregiver when some children are behind or are not meeting certain milestones. It can be hard to discuss this with parents, as you don't want to alarm them, but you also want the child to receive intervention, if necessary.
kpayo418

Reply with quote  #37 
I think its interesting how family dynamics also play a part in children's development. Such as, children who are first borns develop slower than children who have older siblings do.
Mina

Reply with quote  #38 
The checklist is very important because of shows the developments that the children need to have in each stage of their life that is very important because we can check if their development is normal in the aspects physical, social, emotional, intellectual and cognitive.
lilafaria191

Reply with quote  #39 
What a useful checklist!
Seattle206

Reply with quote  #40 
This was extreamly helpful, its interesting to see milestones on paper and be able to see that one checklist is building off of the last milestone list.
srambow

Reply with quote  #41 
Super useful checklist! I have a 2.5 year old and I will say some milestones came a little bit before or after the checklists milestone Ge but it is very accurate!!

Reply with quote  #42 
As a mother myself I constantly looked at the milestones. As the children grow older they have more and more milestones. they become more and more complex. But it is important to know that not all children reach these milestones at the same age. For instance my son did not walk at 12 months. He walked at 15 months. My daughter on the other hand walked at !0 months. He also was not verbal until the age of 2 and my daughter was extremely verbal from a young age. Every child is different.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.