All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
MKazimer

Reply with quote  #1 
To make sure that families are receiving the proper support with the development of their children it is important to foster a relationship between the caregiver and the family. It is essential that there be open communication between the guardians and their educator so that the support is consistent between the home and school.
To ensure that the child’s guardian receives appropriate feedback about their child I would give direct feedback at pick-up or drop-off times. I would also take photo documentation of the work that their child is doing as well as their artwork and display it in the classroom to share and discuss with the community. It is important to allow the student to display their progress as they develop their sense of pride in their capabilities.
If I have any concern about the child I would make sure to discuss it with the guardians to ensure that we are using similar language and management tools to work on the issue. I would also send home positive feedback if a child had an accomplishment that was behavioral and maybe not as easy to document through any other medium.

annasophia

Reply with quote  #2 
To support all families in the development of their child it is crucial to have open conversations with all families that relate the positive AND negative attitudes and behaviors demonstrated at school to those being demonstrated at home. It is important to understand the similarities and differences in behavior between home and school, and because families are the child's first teacher it is our job to make sure we hear what the parent is observing and assure them that we are on the same page as them. By bringing a behavior that we are witnessing at school to the parents attention, there can be discussion around whether or not that is a behavior also being carried out at home, and regardless get an understanding of how the parent would like us to respond so that we can be mirroring the response the child is receiving at home.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.