All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
CarterNick

Reply with quote  #1 
Take a look at some common milestones children reach as they grow from infants to school-agers.
Share your observations and reactions to the checklist with others on the forum.

It's encouraging and nice to have a checklist of what children should be accomplishing as well as a red flags list to keep an eye on. At age 6 months, children already are stringing together vowel sounds which I didn't know and make that connection until now. And it's nice that they have activities to try with the children to to enhance their skills.
ehawkq

Reply with quote  #2 
I found the Milestone lists to very helpful because it explained what a child should be accomplishing at as little as 2 months of age for example a 2 month year old childs social/emotional milestone consists of the infant starting to smile at people, can calm self briefly, tries to look at parent. Milestones for language/communication at this age consist of coos, makes gurgling sounds and turns head toward sound. As the child grows older and they are able to do more things their milestones grow as well. I also really liked how there was information on how the parent or caregiver could help these child meet their milestones by offering a supportive and loving atmosphere.
lindsaychilders

Reply with quote  #3 
I find the milestone lists to be a helpful reminder of how fast they grow and how much they learn with the right environment of intentional support and encouragement.  I am surprised they suggest time outs in this reading, though.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.