All classes are 100% mobile-friendly! If you're a new user, create a new account or read our New User Guide.  Get help logging in.  You can even translate any class to your language of choice instantly. 

Be sure to check out our NEW CLASSES!

Let's talk about kids!

Author   Comment  
Abigail.Friedlen

Reply with quote  #1 
I have found that telling too much information is much better than sharing less. From personal experience, parents respond well when I ask them if they have ideas they may use at home to help aid in behavior management. One of the kids in my class was having more breakdowns than we had noticed in the past and by speaking with the parents we discovered that using an ice pack for them to suck on is a healthy way for them to cool off.
christy.smith

Reply with quote  #2 

3.2: How do you professionally communicate information about a child's development?

First of all families must trust your capabilities. By meeting or exceeding licensing requirements, choosing to take professional development courses and continued education and developing programs that meet the needs of each individual child, you can establish yourself as a professional. When you can show your knowledge and explain your purpose, you can develop a trust with families that you are qualified. Second, your respect and overall attitude can make a big impression. My experience is being open and sensitive, non-judgmental, fact giving and ask about how situations are handled at home. Also, the director does a regular parent conference advising teachers observations and responses to a questionnaire of standard child development for age of child. 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.